I love you, but do I love Myself ????
One of the hardest things often to do is to love ourselves! No one else would dare to be as critical as we are of ourselves. Self acceptance and self love doesn’t always come with age and experience – sometimes it helps or you simply get to the stage where you no longer care what people think.
Being comfortable in your own skin is the thing that many people struggle with but taking small steps towards becoming your own best friend and accepting yourself is something that no one else can do for you.
When was the last time you wrote down all the things you like about yourself?
Go and get a piece of paper and write 4 down now!
Then add to that a couple of nice compliments people have given you recently
What was your response to the compliment?
Did you get all embarrassed or did you smile and say ‘thank you’?
Things to help you love yourself
- Write down all the things you like about yourself
- Ask 3 friends to write a list of all the things they like about you – bet you’ll be surprised what they put
- Write down all you faults and things you don’t like about yourself
- On 14th February (New Moon) burn the negative and read the positive while the flames take them away.
- Make an ‘I love me’ smell and use it when you have any negative thoughts. Some ideas for essential oils are:
May Chang (Litsea Cubeba)
Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia)
Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum)
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale)
Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata)
Jasmine (Jasminum Officinale)
Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)
Frankincense (Boswellia Carteri)
- Practice smiling and saying thank you. Accept compliments and learn to give compliments
It amazing how it snowballs when you get going
– just have a go!!!